WHAT TO EXPECT WHEN TAKING RELYVRIO
This useful information can help you start on your RELYVRIO treatment journey. It’s also important to know that ALS can affect people differently. An individual’s response to ALS treatments—including RELYVRIO—may vary. Your doctor will explain the benefits and side effects associated with taking RELYVRIO.
RELYVRIO IS NOT A CURE
While RELYVRIO will not stop ALS, it may help slow down disease progression.
WHAT TO KNOW ABOUT SIDE EFFECTS
The most common side effects for RELYVRIO include diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, and upper respiratory tract infection.
MANAGING THE TASTE
The taste of RELYVRIO can vary from person to person. Talk to your doctor about managing the taste of RELYVRIO.
- When mixed with water, RELYVRIO may have a fruity smell, but that may not reflect its actual taste
- RELYVRIO may have a bitter aftertaste. In the clinical trial, participants were allowed to try to lessen or remove the bitter aftertaste by:
- Using mint-flavored mouth strips or mouth spray immediately before or after taking RELYVRIO
- Eating a small snack or honey after taking RELYVRIO
- Drinking milk after taking RELYVRIO
- Avoiding fruit juice immediately afterwards, as it can make the aftertaste worse
RELYVRIO AND OTHER TREATMENTS
If prescribed by your doctor, RELYVRIO can be taken alone or with certain other FDA-approved treatments for ALS. Before taking any additional medications, talk to your doctor.
IF RELYVRIO SEEMS RIGHT FOR YOU
First, talk to your doctor to determine if RELYVRIO may serve as a part of you and your doctor’s plan to manage ALS.
Download the doctor discussion guide to help facilitate your conversation.
If you and your doctor decide that RELYVRIO is right for you, it’s important to work together to fill out the RELYVRIO Enrollment Form, which serves as your prescription for RELYVRIO. It may take some time between submitting the RELYVRIO Enrollment Form and getting RELYVRIO delivered to your home, so it’s important to reach out to your doctor and start the enrollment process as soon as possible.